Thursday, October 4, 2007

Braving the Blogosphere - A New Frontier


Today begins my new journey in life. I've decided to brave the blogosphere and join the OC. I've been a lurker for a while, but I'm feeling more confident, more positive and more in control than I have in a while. Since yesterday was delurking day, I've decided to completely delurk myself, and hopefully learn and share the sweet and the sour of life.

So here I am, a 29 year old newly diagnosed diabetic, and I am truly relearning how to live. My world has pretty much been under my tight control, and now things have become unpredicatable, frightening , bothersome and rather exhilerating too. Its odd to me that I would use that word exhilerating, but I'm learning to think on my feet, work a little harder and find the determiation not to let this slow me down. That is the kind of empowerment I'm striving for.

So this is the beginning of my journey, and I hope you will follow me along for the ride.

7 comments:

Nicole P said...

Welcome, Mandy. See you around here - let me know if I can be of any help. - Nicole

Mandy said...

Thanks Nicole!
I have to say, I love your blog, and now your blogabetes at dlife!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the OC, officially. I look forward to reading some exhilirating posts :)
-Scott Marvel

Allison said...

Welcome to the club, Mandy! You can check out my blog at www.lemonade-life.com. Cheers!

Nicole P said...

Thank you, Mandy! I'm looking forward to reading yours... :)

Kerri. said...

Welcome to the fray, Mandy! :) Glad to have you here.

Mandy said...

Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly.