Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Cold Walk in the Morning


Every Saturday morning, my good friend & I take a 5 mile walk in the woods at 7am. Yes, I said 7AM. It sounds crazy (and it's a little hard after a wonderful late night out), but surprisingly there are lots of other people partaking in our insanity. Except this morning, because it was COLD!

Ever since I started working the regular full time job, the seasons get lost on me. By September, I'm still still feeling like I'm in June. Then when fall comes, I become in love with spending extra time outdoors. I'm enchanted with something about the smell, and the crispness in the air. Fall seems to come to later these days and doesn't stay very long. Example this morning, when I woke up to a 42 degree temp. outside.

With hands cold and stiff, and noses running we walked anyway. The usual traffic was gone, and others had thought it better to stay warm under the covers. We walked in our insanity alone, and all I could think was that fall is coming to an end. I guess it's appropriate with the time change this weekend, but it left me slightly melancholy. I'm sure when I hit the store later today, I will hear and see Christmas everywhere. Where does the time go?

No comments: